Sunday, March 30, 2008

WEEK 9 Podcasts and audio

I had a look at some of the podcasts linked on the library success wiki, I thought that some of the links were very poor, although I rather liked the idea of the children's stories from Orange Country library and Denver Public library.

If Podcasting is to be a success in public libraries it would have to be kept up to date and be promoted properly. I really do like the idea of youth participation and think that there is a market for them. They could have their own Blog zone linked to the library website were they could add podcasts, comments and all the other fun things we have learned on this course. I am sure that there is a market for them.

The list of how podcasting can be used with in library services is endless really. The obvious being, Author talks, book reviews etc. The library could subscribe to popular links and have the readily available for the public to upload or listen to in the comfort of the library. MMMM Rambling... Definitely can be used as a learning tool, especially in the workplace or in schools.

I personally like to listen to the BBC's radio 2 with host Johnathan Ross while on a long journey in the car or on the train. I recommend that you aave a look at what they have, pretty good stuff. I also recommend having a look at the Abc's night live.


No comments: